adversity

Since there was a week gap between moving out of the dorms and moving into Wilde, I went home. It was so refreshing to sleep in my own bed again, but I ended up not doing much other than continuously look for new music and lounge around. The last day, I finally got the motivation to get on my old bike again and ride around the neighborhood, before stopping by a place I used to frequent back in high school for an iced latte.

Now that I'm back, I've been feverishly looking to buy a bike to keep here (update: bought one on Saturday).

I moved into the co-op yesterday, but haven't done much around here yet. I haven't even unpacked anything except for my bedding. I spent last night smoking cigarettes on the rooftop, clutching a beer, and talking with an old friend via skype instead of socializing and meeting new folks. Don't get me wrong; I'm beyond stoked to be living here. But, I rode the bus from the train station yesterday, and for the first time, didn't get off at the stop in front of my dorm. It felt different. My new house is welcoming, but still unfamiliar, and it's going to take some time to adjust, for sure.

0 comments :

Post a Comment