with me

I got to see one of my closest friends from high school the other day. He flew up from Los Angeles for his spring break, and decided to swing by Berkeley for a bit. And, I'm really grateful that he did. Moving here made me forget about a lot of things I used to have back home, so it was nice to get to see someone I've known for four years instead of just a few months, someone who's watched me grow up and helped me get through it all.

We met up for Peet's at around 10 in the morning, before taking the metro to the pier. Even with the ridiculous amount of local chowder and bread options, we ended up settling for a rather shitty but still way enjoyable diner breakfast. We then got on a bus, rode through Chinatown, walked through the Castro and Haight, and even shared smokes at Golden Gate Park. We ended the day with dinner back on campus, another round of coffee, and a long talk about college, relationships, and even future plans to someday open up our own cafe in the suburbs of LA.

0 comments :

Post a Comment