(i just) died in your arms

Yo so this week was really wonderful. For the first time in a while, I've felt content and at peace with myself. Maybe it's because I finally had time to take it easy. 

I spent the first half of this week cramming for my second plant bio midterm, which I'm actually feelin' real good about. I also got back my math midterm (and passed!! which is the biggest relief), drank way too much iced coffee, and even took the week off of work.

This weekend was really bomb too. I've been working closely with a few friends on this side project for several weeks now. We've been trying to put together a Berkeley version of the First Kiss video that's been going around, except with more diversity in terms of racial, body type, and sexuality representation. It's been stressful; I mean, it was just rough coordinating with so many individuals and making sure it all comes together. At one point, I even doubted that it would work out. I'm glad it did though. I would even go so far as to say it went better than expected. Hopefully, we'll be putting it out for others to see within the week. The same night, I went to one of my club's parties in celebration of the finalization of our next issue. And, as somewhat expected, I ended up passing out in the bathroom and spending the night at the house, only to wake up with one of the worst hangovers in recent memory.

Okay so, just on that note: admittedly, I have a bit of a problem when it comes to drinking. The past few weekends, I've blacked out almost every single night, and that's honestly such a terrible thing to be able to say. And I mean, it's not just nights consisting of blurry vision, foggy memories, and some poor decisions here and there. It's actually been passing out, waking up without knowing how I got there, spending half the time with my head in the toilet and with no recollection of the night at all in the morning. And yet, I don't do much to prevent this from happening. I think I need to do some unpacking with myself about this.

Saturday was even better, though. I surrounded myself with good company the entire day, who all helped keep me responsible and present. It was the annual campus-wide festival, so, in keeping with tradition, I followed up my hangover with more drinks in the afternoon - logical, surely. We saw Real Estate live on Memorial Glade, had some really satisfying sandwiches for dinner, and finished a handle of vodka split amongst some of the best people. The rest of the night was spent at a co-op party. I hooked up with this really cute babe, and she asked me for my name + number (!!!). I finished off the night with some much-needed conversation with one of the most genuine human beings I know.

0 comments :

Post a Comment