now it's time to move on

Since I had a couple more days before I had to return home, I took the opportunity to see some friends before we all moved forward again with our separate lives. And I'm really glad I did. It was a nice change of pace - there's a difference between those you've known for years, and those you just met a few months ago. Don't get me wrong; I appreciate both types of people immensely. But, there is a difference.

The first night, after we said our goodbyes, I impulsively drove to downtown instead of heading straight back to the dorms. It's different now, coming back to this city - the streets felt a lot quieter, and I almost didn't recognize certain places. I ended up on the roof of one of the parking garages I used to frequent with an old friend, and just sat there in silence for the longest time, flying paper airplanes casually folded from some documents I found in the glove compartment, smoking the last few of my pack, and staring at the city I used to live in all these years but never really considered home. Maybe I'll change my mind about that last part someday.

Last night was really great too. We drove to the pier, had a super casual dinner, and walked around for a bit. Interestingly enough, I both began and ended this spring break journey in the exact same place. Now I'm back home, resting up for a bit and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with myself these next few months. And honestly, I don't know how to feel about all of this.

0 comments :

Post a Comment